Greater Cincinnati Summit on Immigration Reform:
A Roundtable Discussion on Commonsense Immigration Reform with Ohio
Leaders in Faith, Business, and Law Enforcement
Tuesday, May 21th, 2013
10:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Healing Center at Vineyard Cincinnati, OH
(11345 Century Cir W Cincinnati, OH 45246)
Ohio business, law enforcement and faith leaders recognize that immigrants are crucial to the state’s economy and diverse communities – and on Tuesday, May 21th they will gather in Cincinnati to discuss what commonsense immigration reform means to Ohioans.
You are cordially invited to join the Bibles, Badges and Business (BBB) Network for Immigration Reform for a Roundtable discussion and Presentation on Commonsense Immigration Reform, next Tuesday, May 21th, 2013 from 10:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., at Healing Center. The morning will begin with a presentation by Alex Nowrasteh, followed by a discussion from our panelists.
Keynote Speaker: Alex Nowrasteh, Economic Policy Analyst for the Cato Institute
For More Information Please Contact:
Carl Ruby, BBB Regional Coordinator for Ohio & Kentucky
firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-305-9068
Main Principles of Bibles Badges and Business for Immigration Reform:
- We must deal with aspiring citizens by creating a road to lawful status and citizenship while respecting those who have been in line and awaiting naturalization.
- We must modernize our nations immigration laws so that future immigration of workers is legal, fair, and orderly.
- We need to recognize the need for safety and security on the border and in our communities.
- Worker programs, which allow employers to fill jobs when U.S. workers are not available, should also be a part of the solution.
This Summit will feature:
- Alex Nowrasteh, Economic Policy Analyst for the Cato Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Un update on Senate Bill 744 including amendments and the legislative process that will take place over the summer.
- A panel discussion led by area leaders in ministry, law enforcement, and business.
- Suggestions for how we can collectively use our influence address the needs of fellow Ohioans on this issue.
Benefits of Attendance:
- You will hear an excellent presentation by a nationally recognized economic analyst on the economic benefits of immigration reform. Mr. Nowrasteh will also address some of the myths that cloud the debate over immigration.
- You can become networked with other people from across the state who are thinking about this issue and advocating for common sense reform.
- You can sign up (if you wish) for face-to-face meetings with Ohio Senators and Congressional Representatives that we will seek to schedule to collectively help them understand the concerns
Date: Tuesday May 21, 2013
Place: The Healing Center, Vineyard Cincinnati